03/10/2011

Museo del Novecento

We visited the The Museo del Novecento (Museum of the Twentieth Century) last Sunday. Most of the paintings and photographs were quite boring but we also experienced some cool things. I like to go to museums to get some inspiration and ideas to be more creative, the history behind the paintings does not usueally fascinate me so much. But firstly I have to say that the architecture of the museum itself was the coolest!

 

It was very pleasant to walk around, see the Duomo from the windows, see the natural light fill the place as well as Zumtobel's Cielos, Slotlight and Linaria luminaires.
 

The objects that gave me inspiration were the books written in a futuristic style.


As I said in the previous post, there were a lot of semi-funny texts written to point out the main thoughts of the certain time period and art style.


I mostly liked the light art (that I have no pictures of, just videos but too big ones to post here) and some funny and ironic pieces of modern art...


The thing above is done by smoking a piece of wood to look like a book shelf.


I wanted to take a picture of the outside architecture but there were all the time people passing. This couple kind of fitted in, I thought :)

No comments: