08/02/2011

Triennale


As I mentioned in the previous post, the museums had a free entrance in Milan last weekend. Since the 900-museum's queue was unbearable we decided to spend Sunday afternoon at the Design Museum.

We visited the continuous exhibition with Italian design objects, everything from Dolce & Gabbana's tour clothes for Madonna to the Ape car and all kinds of chairs, shoes, tableware and paintings. My favourite thing in this exhibition was Bialettis first moka- espressomaker from 1933. I really liked the design.


One funny exhibition was FunCoolDesign™ by Joe Velluto. He had designed objects, of nice materials, without a function. The objects could have been anything and that was the fun of it, you got a lot of ideas watching them, but in reality they were just...objects. I liked the design of them and also how the exhibition was made.


The third exhibition we saw was called the Graphic Design Worlds. I like to watch graphic design, but the thing I least like on earth is to read bullshit about it, I mean analyses about why some text is as some text or some picture as it is and what is the deeper meaning of it. I love to watch greatly designed graphics but let's leave it there. And while walking around the exhibition (and skipping the analyses) I got really inspired. I saw many nice things :)


No comments: