29/11/2010

High price for cooked vinegared rice ?

I used to work on a fish counter (and smelled incredible badly by the way). We sold tons of sushi. All the sushi that was left over from that day we could eat or throw away as raw fish could not be sold the next day. So in those years I ate a lot of sushi. Almost every evening for "dinner" while cleaning up the fish counter (throwing away smelly intestines and packing slimy fish into boxes filled with ice). I guess there is no need to say that at some point it was just enough. At some point I met my limit and my brain just yelled NO to fish.

So I didn't eat sushi for a long time.

Until I got that need for soya. You know, when you just have to have soya. And what tasted better with soya than sushi? Well, actually ravioli in my opinion. But the point is, I started eating sushi again and now I want to have sushi all the time. Its like an addiction.

In Milan there is a great sushi restaurant. Besides the traditional nigiris, makis and temakis they also have sushi with some extras. Philadelphia cheese. Scrimps fried so they taste like rice crispies. Deliciously marinated tuna. All kinds of sauces. And my favourite Japanese beer: Asahi. And yes, did I mention the cheap "all you can eat" offer? No need to say that I have been in that restaurant already many times, even if it was opened this summer :)

5 comments:

Kwil said...

i have never gotten into sushi. i fear raw fish.
but every time i hear about someone being addicted to it, it makes me want to give it one more try.

Anonymous said...

I love love love sushi! I've bought it, I've made it myself. It would be a disaster to go and eat in a all-you-can-eat-sushi-place. I think I'd never leave the place... =) Do you know if there's one in/near Helsinki?

-Leena

Saara said...

Kristy: I honestly think it is worth a try. But if you fear raw fish, why not sta´rt with trying sushi with cucumber or avocado or similar and then if you first get used to the seaweed-rice-soya combo maybe adding the raw fish is not that bad? eh :) ?

Leena: nope :'(

Laura said...

Naaam avocado i sushi e det godaste evör :) I Montrèal finns ett jättebra matställe med sushi & kinesiskt som är all you can eat och kostar bara $8/person :).

Saara said...

Laura: jag älskar annars ocksa avocado. Jag äter avocado pa bröd istället för smör. Supergott :) 8 dollar är inte paha alls!!! :)