26/10/2010

Weird Relationships

I don't usually like movies that goes slowly forward showing nice little details of weird relationships. For example, when I saw Lost in Translation, I honestly thought the movie was about 6 hours long :) I got so bored that I fell asleep twice. I am more of a romantic comedy, chick flick kinda gal. But now I wanted to break my patterns so I got a grip of all sorts of movies, everything from slow sensual ones to old westerns :) And now I wanted to mention 2 of them, in case someone wants a hint what to watch... I liked them both.

First: Breaking and Entering from 2006 with Jude Law, Robin Wright Penn and Juliette Binoche. A slow going drama, mixing a bit of Sweden and UK and architecture and Serbian Bosnian war. Cute.

Second: Deception from 2008 with Ewan MacGregor, Hugh Jackman and Michelle Williams. A slow but not that slow movie, with sensual scenes and a mystery. Really good.

No comments: