02/08/2011

Friday Night

On Friday I went to Italy. This time I didn't have to drive alone though because Ania joined me :) She is travelling in Europe and starting from Milan so it suited perfectly to drive down together. We had a lot of fun!! Ania entertained me with stories  and while I was driving she was still sewing some adjustments to her bikini top.

We stopped in Campagnola for a short pause. It's my favourite place to stop because then 2 hours of the trip has passed, 1 is left and the place is situated in a cute valley between really high mountains !!

We arrived in Milan and parked the car close to the house, where I used to live. I thought it would be a safer place than where I usually park- namely because Fra has been robbed 3 times in the last 6 months there (and he does not leave ANYTHING in the car EVER and anyway he all the time gets robbed. The good thing is that there is nothing to take and the bad thing is that he has to often change his locks when they are destroyed...) and took the metro in to town.

Ania was so surprised to get out of the metro in the middle of the centre of Milan, where you could hear Italian, you could see people eating ice cream, some carabinieri passing us in their costumes (looks like police officers, carabinieri is actually a military force charged with police duties) and of course Duomo, the Dom of Milan.


Then we walked on the best shopping street of Milan, Via Torino and popped into shops to try on shoes and summer dresses and we walked all the way to Navigli, where I took Ania for an aperitivo.


Fra joined us and we changed places to Al Coccio. Luca, Mica, Ilaria, Giacomo, Giulia and Marco also joined us. As well as Ania's friends Fabrizio and Luca.



No comments: