11/04/2011

My weekend in details...

I had a great weekend! It was 32 degrees Celsius in Milan (89,6 Fahrenheit) and I really enjoyed it. On Friday after work I went shopping with Fra's brother Army. Army gets a special discount that I used and got myself 2 new pairs of Vanse shoes. I really needed some city sneakers for driving the car, walking to work (I change to ballerinas or high heels in the office) or to have on while taking a walk in the weekends etc.
In the evening I met up with Fra and we went to a birthday party at the Executive Lounge. It was the first time for us there and it was a very nice place! Chic, cool, cute but not too snobish. The conversation was mostly about design and the upcoming design fair as most of the guests had studied together design.
On Saturday we went to check out the aula of La Rinascente, where is now a lighting solution that Fra has made. I am so proud of him! It was amazing and I walked around with my mouth open and stared at the ceiling. Unfortunately photographing is not allowed :'(. We went then shopping, to the hairdressers and out for lunch and in the afternoon it was impossible to be out in the hotness, so we went home, escaped to the cellar to eat strawberries and drink cold drinks and to watch the superfunny swedish movie Kopps.
In the evening (with only 27 degrees!) we gathered with Giulia, Marco, Margherita and Fabio to Giulia's and Marco's place to discuss upcoming holidays and to eat good pizza.
On Sunday we went to church. Fra's uncle is a priest so we went to his service. He did not notice us though. In the sacristy one of the other priests had asked uncle Mario "was it your nephew in the church? sitting in the right corner?". to which Mario answered: "I don't think so! I didn't notice.". The other priest was not satisfied with the answer "But it has to have been! He was with someone who took a few pictures of you!", Mario: "Pictures? No, I couldn't notice...", to which the other priest "The photographer was this supersuperblonde girl" to which Mario "Ah, yes, yes ! That has to have been my nephew!" :) Funny. We had a very nice lunch after that with Nonna, Nonno, Mario and Fra. And yes, my jeans didn't pop as I tried to not overload with the lasagna :)
The lunch was followed by an affogato at Giovanni's and Sonia's. And some more holiday planning.
In the afternoon we went to Cargo & HighTech, a nice design shop, well hidden in an inner yard in Brera, the old town of Milan. And we found there some more memento-glasses to our collection :) The shop was so filled with things that I got this incredible need to move! Just to be able to change everything. What a typical woman I am.
Then Sunday evening arrived and I had to start to drive back to Austria. 30 minutes after my departure one tire of my car exploded. Once again, for the millionth time, I am in Italy on the side of the road with car trouble. This time I had beside this problem a new problem...see, in Italy you have to wear this yellow west if you hang out on the highway. And you naturally have to put the triangle 100 meters from the car. And SmartSaara cleaned away all things from the car when she borrowed hers to her friends and forgot to put them back in the car.... So I couldn't be my fathers' daughter and change the tire myself. I needed to call Fra to come to help me. So my prince arrived on the white horse to rescue me. Or rather by his car with 2 yellow wests, one triangle and an air pressure meter. So we changed my tire (My input was obviously huge) and I continued my way home...

8 comments:

Sandra Leiva said...

It looks like you had fun!
Great new vans sneakers, love them!
Nice blog <3

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i love vans! i bought some in berlin last summer and i love them. that is scary about the tire...i don't drive anywhere over here because a) i don't have a car and b) i don't know what i would do if my car broke down! (at home i'd just call my dad) .... i guess i could call a german company to help me but i'm still kiiiinda scared to talk on the phone in german ;)

Saara said...

Yes, relaxed, chill and fun :) Thanks :)

Saara said...

Jenni: Yup, super somfortable shoes :) I found on Internet a bunch of supercool ones but they didn't sell any of them in Milan. These were ok though :)

I call Fra :) He is very good in those situations. But I belong in Austria to ÖAMTC, which is like a "car club", I have a kind of insurance from them. So I have a number that I can call and they help me anywhere in Europe. I called once and just said "Hello, do you speak English? Ich nicht Deutsch spechen" and they tried their best :)

Anonymous said...

just an hint: never put your naked knees on a draining asphalt unless you like stone-mosaics on your skin :-)

Saara said...

I offered you my shirt :)

iina said...

ihku postaus :)

Saara said...

kiitos iina :)