23/03/2011

Interior design brainstorm

I was reading the other day the blog Avec Sofie and she instead had blogged about this Design Sponge blog that I simply couldn't stop reading. Or actually looking at, since it is filled with sneak peak pictures of gorgeous homes. Inspired of this I started to brainstorm on how I would like my home to be.

First of all, I love old maps and I would like to have a huge one, old, almost fainted in color on the wall. Another thing that I have a soft spot for is map globes.
tad & jessica carpenter's home

I also love tiles. I would like to have white and dark brown tile walls with a warm and serene light design to give it some feeling.
rob brinson & jill sharp's home

I love photographs and I also have many of my favorite ones in frames. I like photographs much more than paintings. This is also a funny idea for wall art :)
erin austen abbott + sean kirkpatrick's home

I like to read a lot and a reading corner like this would be great! I would like all the people who live in the apartment to choose a chair and a reading luminaire that they like and to mix the different styles together like here.
from the blog "Pupulandia"

I love the mix of whitly painted wood and oak colored wood. I simply love the colours!
katie quinn davies' home

Besides pictures I like posters in a good graphical design. I would not want the whole house to be filled of them but for example a wall by the entrance could look really nice with some funny posters.
jen mankins' home

I like this setup of clean white, glassy surfaces as working tables. I could imagine two big apple screens and a colorful cup of tea. I would love to sit there and brainstorm light design ideas or read adorable blogs :)

No comments: