20/11/2009

When the Usual Fails You


After my workday today I headed to town to meet my friend Martina. Martina and I have a "ususal". Our usual is to go to Cafè Carousel in Helsinki and eat salad, drink coffee, talk shit for hours and laugh so hard that others in the cafeteria start to look at us.


Today it wasn't so. The usual cafeteria was closed so we went to an other one. In the other one they didn't have any salad. We had to eat sandwiches. Both Martina and I were tired because of the Autumn Depression Weather.


Now I'm going to have a movie night with my boyfriend and try to forget that in this fucking country it's already at 3 p.m. completely dark and the street lights go on...

3 comments:

Fra said...

ur country! Ur happiness should shine on ur fellow contrymen/women, to give them a piece of joy! i know u'r able to do that...so don't be lazy potatis näsa..

Carissa Thilgen said...

that's so nice that you and your friend have a "usual." those kinds of routines are great with friends. I know what you mean about laughing so hard that other patrons start to look at you! haha. but that means you are having a great time. and when you're with a close friend, it doesn't even matter what other people think :)

I can't imagine it being completely dark at 3 p.m.! that is depressing. I don't even like that it gets dark here starting around 5:30 or so... hopefully there's lots to do at night?

Kwil said...

Yup, it is early for it to get dark. hard not to get that winter depression. if it is any consolation though, it is 4pm here and it is dark.. and the street lights have not come on. :)